*** LMLers we’re taking a pause from SEasia just to spotlight FIVE (or more) EXCITING EVENTS that happened in NYC! LML will resume with two more South East Asian countries and another state before digging into NYC food reviews… so let’s get started!
SPORTS BRA CHALLENGE by the S.E.A.K. Foundation!
You heard me. Take your shirt off!
Jenny Gaither, a NYC Soul Cycle instructor and a light of sunshine, came up with the Sports Bra Challenge as an after school program to help teens gain their inner confidence (body, mind and soul)…
So here are the highlights:
- The Sports Bra Challenge was hosted in Union Square Park on one of the sunniest days in NYC…
- Men & Women took off their shirt (whether it was in their home or outside in public) to support the SEAK Foundation on Thursday, May 17, 2012
- Jenny Gaither (founder of the SEAK Foundation & The Sports Bra Challenge) came skipping into lululemon Ahtletica Union Square at 10am to set up the park area (well, concrete area) with mats, bikes, tents and tables
- When I asked her how she felt, she lit up with a huge smile and gave me an approving nod, “It’s all coming together!”
Check out the SBC Events in action below…
Sponsors, volunteers, and the press were on hand for the main event sporting lululemon Sports Bras…
Top NYC Instructors came out for the event by leading:
- Vinyasa Yoga by Pure Yoga
- Pound Workout by Crunch
- Spin Classes by Soul Cycle
In addition to special guest performances throughout the event, DJ Tyra was rockin’ us out with hot beats all day long… check out the video below and feel the vibe!!
Jenny is proof that an idea (which originated in her Soul Cycle class) can become a reality. Sports Bra Challenge #SBC2012 is now an annual event! Congratulations to Jenny and a big high five to everyone who supported the cause!
If you didn’t get a chance to participate in the event and would like to support the program, visit the SEAK FOUNDATION to make a contribution!
Oh and be sure to check out the next post about The Sports Bra Challenge Food Sponsors!