I feel like a Proud Mama.
Most Moms post photos of their infants, I post photos of my blog. Behold.
It’s been one full year since I made the decision to follow my passion, and I feel just as happy & excited as the first day I posted on LML (if not more)! Remember this one? And this one? A lot has changed in one year.
After 3 degrees and 4 years into my career, when I finally let go of certain expectations, I felt like I was finally on the right path:
- It started with a personal mission to find (not-just-good, but) really good local food
- When I came across a local specialty, I would share these findings by uploading my private stash of food porn onto Foodspotting
- From there I subscribed, connected and developed friends with other foodies
- I researched Chefs, ingredients, cookbooks, and other Food Media specialists to learn how to get into the food media industry
and sometimes I’d get jealous or discouraged by those who were already in the field
- And then I created web graph after web graph in hopes of figuring out my next food move
Can you say, invigorated?!
And in one year, this happened:
- I invested everything into LITTLEMISSLOCAL.com in order to satisfy my consistent food curiosity
- I learned how to read/speak in Italian (legit)
- I exchanged English lessons for cooking lessons and gained a lifelong Italian mentor, Chef GianPiero
- I developed my LML writing style, mission and vision
- I started my food career with Omakase Box as a Food Researcher & Blogger
- I ate my way around the freakin’ world on my own
- I embraced other people and their cultures
- I was published in an e-book called Travel Means Freedom; you can read it here
- I was chosen as the Butter Lane NYC Blogger of the Week
- I enrolled in culinary school (TBA)…
- And as of yesterday, I am the Head Writer for OMG Foodie