On New Years Day, I was asked to hold up a blank piece of paper for a photo shoot. On that blank piece of paper, I was told that my new years resolution would be reflected in the white space.
As my photo was being snapped, I started to rattle off different goals and ideas that came to mind… but my friend/photographer looked me gently in the eye and said, “Justine… it has to fit on this paper.”
- Apply for a JBF culinary scholarship.
- Write a book proposal.
- Work as a paid food/travel writer.
- Maintain a healthy work & personal life balance.
- Build positive relationships in the culinary/food media industry.
- Accept a paid food media position (that I am passionate about) with salary/benefits.
- Take a Class on SEO Skills for LittleMissLocal.com
- Be able to decide when an opportunity is beneficial to my personal growth.
- Take risks: “The only way to not get criticized is to not do anything.”
- Be Bikini Fit: Find the time to spin, practice yoga, & commit to cardio every week
- Get 1,000 followers on Facebook & Twitter
- Embrace all aspects of Health + Wellness (food, exercise, knowledge)
- Film & post 12 videos to YouTube for LittleMissLocal.com
OVERALL: 2012 was a wonderful year of self-discovery & learning. Now that a year has passed, 2013 is dedicated to turning my education and experiences into a life of possibility.
And to remind myself of the positivity 2013 brings, I will write myself a note every time I feel accomplished or taking steps towards my goal(s), place it in a jar, and then I’ll open them on January 1, 2014. What do you want to see in your 2013 jar?
HAPPY NEW YEAR!