PRIVATE CORPORATE EVENT DETAILS:
- Chef Carla Hall (Top Chef Contestant/The Chew Host/Book Author)
- Chef David Burke (Celebrity Chef/Author/Restauranteur)…
- Both Chefs Face-Off Iron Chef Style… can you say, awesome?
- Arrange the food for the event (anything we found could be used)
- Keep the “secret ingredient” hidden
- Sous Chef for Team Carla Hall
IRON CHEF HIGHLIGHTS:
- Watching the coin toss to decide who was serving first (Team Carla won the toss and decided to serve second)!
- Revealing the secret ingredient : APPLES!
- Feeling the pressure of 50 people starring at you while you cook…
- Team Carla’s 1st Course: Smoked Salmon & Raw Apple Salad (see below)
- Team Carla’s 2nd Course: Braised Chicken on top of a Sweet Potato & Apple Gratin with a side of Ham Hash (see below)
- Team Carla’s 3rd Course: Southern Dumplings, finished with Grated Apples (see below)
- Team David Burke: Actually, I have no idea what he cooked. Even though he was literally 1 foot away from me, my mind was focused on Chef Carla’s dishes. The only thing I did see was his massive Himalyan Sea Salt rock! He used it to serve one of his courses… and it looked DELICIOUS.
OVERALL EXPERIENCE: Nerve-wrecking. Mind blowing. Awesome.
- I have a newfound appreciation for mandolines and their ability to slice apples at a rapid pace
- I now understand the meaning of: “sense of urgency”
- I cooked side by side with two Chefs that I have a lot of respect for – no losers at this event, wonderful meals all around!
- And even though I was cooking in a crowded kitchen full of people
distractingcheering/screaming, those were the fastest 90 minutes of my life!
BEST PART OF THE NIGHT: It was the first time a Chef ever called me, “Chef”.
David Burke at Bloomingdales // 59th and Lexington, NYC
When you get a chance, stop by Burke in the Box (located inside of Bloomingdales on the first floor) and order “The Ultimate Cheeseburger with Truffle Fries”…