Raw food diets are trending as the latest craze, but I’ve been following Girl On Raw for the past few years. I love seeing her progression when she shares her recipes on FB & Twitter… photos of the food she sells at her local market in Saudi Arabia… notes about which juice her son likes most… and which equipment to purchase as a starting vegan/raw chef.
I myself do not follow a vegan/raw food diet, but my curiosity level always peaks when I’m invited to learn & taste different cuisines; so when Miguel Mendez of Atmananda Yoga showed me how easy it was to make raw brownies at his private, vegan/raw workshop in NYC, I knew it was the perfect opportunity to invite him to do a video with me on LML YOUTUBE!
RASPBERRY TART w CHOCOLATE AVOCADO MOUSSE:
- 1 Cup of Almonds
- 1 Cup of Walnuts
- 1 Cup of Raw Cacao Powder
- 2 Cups of Prunes
- 1 Large Avocado
- 1/2 Cup of Cacao
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup of Maple Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Sliced Fresh Fruit of Your Choice
- Grind all of the crust ingredients together with food processor
- Mold mixture into false bottom tart molds, refrigerate
- Blend all of the filling ingredients together in food processor till texture is light and airy (mousse texture)
- Take out tart molds and fill with chocolate mousse
- Top with fresh fruit of your choice!
*** If none of the above makes sense, watch the video below featuring Miguel Mendez and yours truly!
PS: If you’re interested in learning how to make Vegan or Raw Food, contact Miguel Mendez of NYC at miguelmendez.co and tell him #LML sent you!
PPS: If you’re traveling to Bangkok, Thailand and want to check out a raw/vegan restaurant, read my post about the Rasayana Spa!