For those of you who don’t know, Chef Marcus Samuelsson has moves.
Host to his own Yes Chef Paperback Launch Party, Marcus rocked the stage with super-future music artists Smokey Robotic to entertain the crowd on Wednesday, May 22nd at Converse Rubber Tracks in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
ABOUT THE EVENT:
- Multiple artists entertained on stage… checkout the Smokey Robotics video on LML YouTube
- Marcus Samuelsson did a run and jump into the crowd… did not catch that on video
- Eats were provided by Food Republic and executed by Chef Joel
- Booze was provided by Brooklyn Gin and Newburgh Brewery
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE EVENT:
- Reunion with Chef Maame of Red Rooster and the JBF Marcus Samuelsson Team
- A bonding moment with Marcus Samuelsson’s wife, Maya, while we waited in line for food (see photo below)
- Dancing to Smokey Robotics in the front row with Marcus, Maya, Jeannette, Hannah and Laura!
I have a lot of respect for Marcus Samuelsson as a chef, restaurateur, and humanitarian. Yes Chef, in paperback or hardcover, is a look into his upbringing and does a beautiful job explaining who he is present day. I’m three chapters into the book and cannot wait to finish it this weekend.
So thrilled to have celebrated Marcus Samuelsson’s Yes Chef paperback book release with the industries coolest. From Harlem to Brooklyn we rocked Converse Rubber Tracks all evening long
and I have SoulCycle to thank for the significant improvement in my rhythm.