So November happened and I spent a a week on the West Coast for some R&R.
If you’ve been following me on instagram, facebook or twitter you’ve seen a good chunk of pictures from this trip! And for those of you who haven’t… I don’t know what you’re waiting for!
Below you’ll see my itinerary for the entire week, enjoy!
- Flew into San Fran at 3PM, got the rental car and drove straight to FISH in Sausalito
- Favorites: Mussels Dijonaise, Crab Roll , BBQ Oysters and White Chowder
- Walked around town for 20 minutes (25 cent meters) and then we stopped by the Golden Gate Bridge Lookout Point for photo opps but the fog was too heavy…
- Woke up early for a local farmers market and purchased a ton of dried fruit and nuts, fresh cheese and fruit
- Shopped at nearby Trader Joe’s and discovered SKIN FOOD (a Korean natural, plant based beauty line)
- Touristed it up at the Cliff House and enjoyed the beach for a little bit
- Reunited with the family and ate a ton of Chinese fried chicken, stood by an addicted crab dip as I hoarded the potato chips, munched on a beautiful cobb salad, handmade sushi rolls and a farmers market cherry pie
- Drove to Tartine to stock up on pastries for the 1.5hr drive to Napa (I may or may not have a sweet tooth)
- Arrived at our hotel in Napa, devoured the bag of Tartine treats
- Drove to Yountville to take advantage of the Bistro Jeanty Oyster Happy Hour 6 for $9.00
- Walked to French Laundry to see it… then walked back to Ad Hoc for our dinner reservations and had the fried chicken
DAY 4 (Wine Tastings):
- Went to Robert Mondavi for a tour and educational wine tasting around 10am followed by a family picnic with the leftover fried chicken from Ad Hoc
- Drove across the street to Opus One for our appointment only reservation at 12:30pm to taste their exclusive bordeux (shared one 4oz glass between four people after our Robert Mondavi tasting)
- Took the car to Mumm Napa to taste four of their local sparkling wines that do not leave Napa
- Searched for Rutherford Ranch for a smoky wine called The Predator and ordered an entire case (for myself)
- Walked around Calistoga to find that there wasn’t anything int hat town except old fashioned candy like Bit O Honey and Charleston Chew; then we drove to Castello di Amorosa and the Culinary Institute of America to see the building… I may or may not have gone window shopping
- Ended the night on In-N-Out Burger to absorb all of the wine
- Sat outside to take in the fresh air at the hotel
- Drove to St. Helena and found Models Bakery and Oliviers Oil Shop
- Ate lunch at a local restaurant called Cook- chic little resto with lots of people who know each other… food wasn’t up to par with their pricepoints
- Drove to Duckhorn for a wine tasting and found their space to be the most relaxing and enjoyable; would have a small wedding at their vineyard #justsayin
- Finished the day at Harbin Hot Springs with a Watsu Flow underwater massage
- Checked out of the hotel and went to Yountville for lunch at Redd but I wish we had checked out Hurleys or Pacific Blue, the local restaurants in town
- After lunch we stopped at Bouchon for coffee and dessert; realized the Napa Film Festival started and bumped into Diane Agron of GLEE
- Drove back to San Fran, stopped at the Golden Gate Bridge for better photo opps and spent the rest of the night in the Mission with a friend of a friend
- A trip to San Fran isn’t complete with a visit to the Ferry Building so we picked up tacos from @THETACOGUYS food truck
- Ate them near the water and loved the BLT and Fish Tacos
- Walked over to the Ferry Building, picked out four cheeses from Cowgirl Creamery, taste tested my way down the aisles and got the fam coffee from Blue Bottle Co.
- Caught a wicked cold and stayed in for the night to do some writing
- Booked a bike with Jenny Gaither at the brand new San Francisco SoulCycle studio on Union St!
- Rode behind Julie Rice (SoulCycle Co-Founder) in Jenny Gaithers 9:30am class! Picked up some Pressed Juice from the opening!
- Shopped at lululemon down the street
- Lunch at Napolito on 9th Avenue for some really good Mexican food!
- Stopped by Fort Funston to see the hangliders take a leap of faith…
- Cooked fresh dungeonous crab for dinner with the family and slabbed local butter all over it
- Packed up our bags and got on a plane back to the NYC (bittersweet)
For pictures follow me on facebook, twitter and instagram – cute babies included.