LOLË is an activewear company and they hosted a worldwide tour for yogis! #LOLEWHITETOUR events were held in NEW YORK, LOS ANGELES, PARIS, MONTREAL, TORONTO. I attended the NYC event on September 2, 2015! Cambodia is happening in 2016… in Angkor Wat!
WHAT WERE YOUR EXPECTATIONS? To be honest, I didn’t realize the impact of the event until it was over. I debated whether or not I even wanted to go based on the fact that my white pants were completely see thru. However, I solved the problem by wrapping a jacket around my butt and hopped onto the train to the Upper West Side.
When I exited the subway I started to see people dressed in white, and I felt as if we were all in on the same secret. I knew something great was about to happen as we followed the crowd into the park. Once we got our hands stamped, we joined 10,000 yogis on the Great Lawn in Central Park (which is enough space to host 6 baseball fields). Needless to say, we all had room to unroll out mats.
As we walked the long aisle towards the front of the stage, I saw rows and rows of yellow mats, but I didn’t realize that we had formed rectangles across the entire lawn (see photo above- human view vs birds eye view). It was pretty phenomenal.
- SPONSORS! LOLË, Whole Foods NYC, FIJI Water, Yoga Journal
- VOLUNTEERS! Amazing. You could see how much work went into setting up the mats, welcoming guests, assisting participants with modifications, and clean up; maha gratitude!
- LIVE MUSIC!
- SWAG BAGS! Fiji Water (and a little sticker light that made the bottle glow during the concert) and LOLË headbands
- LOCATION! Even though it was a hot day, the temperature cooled down and it felt great to do yoga on the grass in the park.
- CONVENIENCE! They provided yoga mats and you could take them with you as a souvenir
- NYC MOMENT! It was definitely a NY MOMENT – kind of similiar to the New Years Eve Ball Drop (except that it’s not as cold, chaotic or crowded but)… LOLË was definitely one of those moments that remind you how much you love New York.
Only suggestion for all sports apparel businesses… in the future, lets try to focus on making better white activewear with liners… I know my pants were see thru too. Thank you in advance :X