The Up Beet Kitchen provides customers with healthy, nutritious recipes to create meals in their own kitchen. Think of it as online home-ec or a more affordable pre-requiste to culinary school.
Homecooks and aspiring young chefs will love this program because The Up Beet Kitchen gives you tools to be self-sufficent in the kitchen (and to be perfectly honest the hardest part about the program is getting the motivation to cook; the rest is smooth sailing)!
The Up Beet Kitchen is for you if…
- you enjoy cooking at home
- you love learning how to cook
- you have a basic understanding of culinary terminology (ex: sauté)
- you don’t mind measuring ingredients and cooking on your own
- you want to eat healthier meals at home to control the ingredients in your food (for you and your family)
Based on my personal experience with The Up Beet Kitchen, I loved the fact that they linked the grocery list to a home delivery service. Living in NYC and carrying heavy bags of groceries is a total turn off. Instead of ordering take-out, ordering groceries and having it delivered within the hour was revolutionary- thanks Instacart!
While purchasing the ingredients, I checked the cabinets to see if I had any of these ingredients in the house (and surprisingly I had quite a few)! Once I placed my order I watched a short video of Chef Nic preparing the dish and then I tracked my ingredient delivery online (if you choose not to have your groceries delivered, just make a list the next time you head to the grocery store to have them in advance or pull it up on your phone)!
- easy to shop grocery list is linked to home delivery services
- healthy meal options
- simple ingredients with bold flavors
- easy to follow instructions
Things to consider:
- taste as you go, the recipes are general guidelines, but you are the chef!
- becareful not to purchase items you already have in your cabinet; otherwise you’ll be buying a lot of salt and oil each time you order ingredients!
- sometimes the grocery store may not have the ingredients listed, be flexible and improvise!
- and sometimes ordering ingredients takes longer than cooking them (I definitely added popcorn and a few other items to my cart)
- if you can do your own grocery shopping, head to the farmers market for fresh produce
Overall I think the recipes are basic enough with a high wow factor for anyone who wants to learn how to put together a great meal. I even have leftovers to make this twice! If you’d like to try this recipe, go here or get a free week of recipes here!
Support The Up Beet Kitchen! They’re on KICKSTARTER for a few more days and already reached their $20K Kickstarter goal, congrats Chef Nic and team!